- All our aircraft are equipped with prevention kits that include masks and disinfectant gel.
- Our crew is qualified to take all necessary measures if a symptomatic case is detected on board.
When a suspicious case is detected onboard, the Captain informs the airport of destination, so that the planned measures are taken, in conjunction with the airport entity and the health authorities of the respective airport of destination. In these cases, a more specific procedure for cleaning and disinfecting the aircraft is also established, with a greater incidence in areas of direct contact with the passenger, which takes place, preventively, under suspicion, following the instructions issued by the competent international entities.
- We constantly monitor the evolution of the situation worldwide, to implement all the necessary measures for the protection of our passengers, in conjunction with the airport and health authorities.
The SATA Group airlines, SATA Air Açores and Azores Airlines, have been permanently monitoring the evolution of the new Coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak and have implemented all recommendations issued by the Health Directorates (Regional and National), as well as by the competent entities, namely, the national aeronautical entity, ANAC, the IATA (International Air Transport Association), by the World Health Organization (WHO), by the European Center of Disease Prevention and Control.
- We provide all passengers with information leaflets with simple procedures for individual protection.
On the ground or in the air, we suggest that you follow the recommendations of public health entities regarding Covid-19 and learn what you can do to protect yourself and avoid transmission:
- Wash your hands frequently, with soap and water, for 20 seconds, and especially after you blow your nose, sneeze or cough.
- Cover your nose and mouth (with a tissue and never with your hands) when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Ideally, stay at least 1 meter away from people who are coughing, sneezing or with a fever.
- In case of fever or general malaise, it is advisable to consult a medic before making your trip or to call in advance the National Health Line 24 (Mainland Portugal No. 808 24 24 24) or Regional Health Line (Azores) 808 24 60 24, for your tranquility and protection.
- Stay informed about the latest developments regarding Covid-19 and do what you can to take care of your health and protect others.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation.